You must install the software before plugging the USB dongle into the USB port of your computer.
On Linux you can only use the ScratchX online.
Installing Robot Coding Software
Enter the address below into the address bar of your web browser.
- Select the
menu and download the installation file for the OS of your PC.
- Open a terminal and navigate to the folder where you downloaded the tar.gz file.
- Unzip the tar.gz file by typing the following command in the terminal.
tar xvfzp RobotCoding-linux32-v1.7.2.tar.gz
tar xvfzp RobotCoding-linux64-v1.7.2.tar.gz
- Make sure the RobotCoding folder is created.
Install the device driver.
If you have already installed the device driver, you do not need to reinstall it.
(1) Open a terminal and log in as root.
(2) Navigate to the drivers folder inside the RobotCoding folder.
(3) Without plugging the USB dongle into the USB port of the PC,
run the shell script by typing the following command in the terminal.
If the device driver is installed with the USB dongle plugged into the PC, Linux OS does not recognize the USB dongle.
In this case, simply unplug the USB dongle and plug it back in.
Copyright Robot Software Education Institute. All rights reserved.
Please contact prof. Kwang-Hyun Park (firstname.lastname@example.org
) if you have any problem.